Making the Most of Healthy Weight Week
Thursday, January 21, 2016
National Healthy Weight Week is in full effect—how have you been celebrating? It’s a great time to re-motivate if you have already given up some of your New Year’s resolutions and to tweak habits to achieve a healthier you and reach your weight loss goals. Whether you’re using medical diet pills, a low carb diet or both to lose weight, implementing any of the habits below will help expedite results and improve your health.
- Hydrate properly. Many people don’t drink enough water, even though it’s essential for weight loss. Water helps flush the toxins from your body and regulates body temperature, while making you feel more focused. In addition, often times people mistake thirst for hunger, so if you feel what you think is a hunger pang but it’s not meal time, reach for a glass of water to help fill you up.
- Get on a regular schedule. Many people don’t realize how important sleep is. When you don’t get enough sleep, it slows your metabolism and hurts your workouts. Strive to sleep seven to eight hours a day and try to hit the pillow and wake up at the same time every day.
- Load up on lean protein. Eating lots of lean protein will help you build lean muscle mass, which in turn, increases the number of calories we burn on a daily basis. Some good choices include eggs, poultry, grass-fed beef, salmon, tuna, mackerel and other seafood. Some good choices for vegetarians are beans and legumes, chickpeas and Greek yogurt.
- Get moving. Establish a regular workout schedule and stick to it. For best results, strive to incorporate all three pillars of fitness—flexibility, cardio and strength training. In addition, take walks whenever you can and always take the stairs when possible.
- Find a method to reduce stress. Stress can negatively impact both our health and waistline. Find a coping mechanism to reduce yours—it can be anything from yoga and meditation to visiting with friends, going for a walk or reading. Find what works for you and make time in your schedule for it on a regular basis.
Visit this link to learn more about the benefits of medical diet pills.