Just because you're on a diet it doesn't mean that you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods completely. Our weight loss programs
allow you to partake in almost all of the dishes you love, and we make a point of recommending great recipes to help keep you on track; like this one for Marinated Grilled Shrimp Skewers!
These are perfect for a party or appetizer, but with a prep/cook time of less than an hour, they are also great for a stand alone meal for during the week. Serve them with some fresh grilled veggies (our favorite are zucchini and squash) and viola- you have a tasty quick dinner option for the whole family! Also, if you'd like another low carb shrimp recipe, check out our Shrimp Scampi!
We're always looking for more low carb creations, so if you have any recipes of your own, we'd love to hear from you! Give us a comment below or find us on our Facebook page.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Nutritional Information: (Each for six serving has)
- 273.00 Calories
- 230.00 mg Cholesterol
- 472.00 mg Sodium
- 2.80 g Carbohydrate
- 31.00 g Protein