Low-carb recipes make having success with weight loss programs so much easier! Plus, as you can see with this recipes and some of the others that members of our weight loss clinics have shared with us, healthy low-calorie meals don’t mean we have to sacrifice taste.
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse and wash turkey. Discard the giblets, or add to pan if they are anyone's favorites.
- Place turkey in a Dutch oven or roasting pan. Separate the skin over the breast to make little pockets. Put 3 tablespoons of the butter on both sides between the skin and breast meat. This makes for very juicy breast meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water with the bouillon. Sprinkle in the parsley and minced onion. Pour over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle seasoning salt over the turkey.
- Cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). For the last 45 minutes or so, remove the foil so the turkey will brown nicely.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 545.00 Calories
- 210.00 Cholesterol
- 558.00 Sodium
- 0.90 g Carbohydrate
- 68.10 g Protein
If you have any great recipes ideas that you would like to share with other members of our weight loss clinics, please send them to us! We love hearing from our members.