This Italian inspired recipe is one of our all time favorites! It's delicious, easy to make, and best of all it's beneficial for your weight loss
and healthy lifestyle.
The dish is loaded with protein and low on carbs and calories- just the way we like it. Plus you get the added benefits of omega-3 fatty acids from the fish, lycopene and other antioxidants from the tomato, and a healthy dose of Vitamin E from the olives. All this in a meal that takes just under a half hour from start to finish!
If you like this low carb recipe or have one of your own to share please comment below or find us on our Facebook page. Also, if you're interested in recipes using specific food products or proteins, please let us know. In the future we're going to be offering new recipes by various regions and countries, but in the meantime to hold you over, go check out this other great low carb dinner idea for an Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata! Happy cooking.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 (about 250g each) firm white fish fillets (such as ling)
- 60g pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs drained capers
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- White bean & baby spinach salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush the base of a 15 x 24cm (base measurement) ovenproof casserole dish with 1/4 tsp of the oil. Place the fish, in a single layer, in the prepared dish. Combine the olives, tomato and capers in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon olive mixture evenly over fish and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Remove from oven. Divide the white bean & baby spinach salad among serving plates. Top with fish and spoon over the olive mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 223.47 Calories
- 1.00 g Carbohydrate
- 37.00 g Protein