Hosting a dinner party can make it tough to stick to your weight loss program
. Drinks, appetizers, and of course, the dinner itself all add up to a boatload of calories and carbohydrates. The good news is that you don't have to limit your social life and abandon these functions all together... we're here to help!
This recipe for Garlic Prime Rib is a great place to start. It's packed with juicy flavor and with only six ingredients, preparation is a breeze. Additionally, it has only one gram of carbohydrates per serving, so if you serve it with something like asparagus or zucchini you'll be guilt free! Not to mention the fact that it tastes amazing.
So the next time you decide to have some house guests, give this Prime Rib a try. It's sure to please. And if you want to go the extra mile for your healthy lifestyle, check out our great selection of tasty low carb snacks that you can take advantage of. (They make great hors d'oeuvres!)
If you like these recipes or have a special twist that you like to put on them, please let us know in the comments below. And finally, make sure you don't forget to check out last week's recipe for Baked Fish!
- 1 (10 pound) prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes. The internal temperature of the roast should be at 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) for medium rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 or 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 562.00 Calories
- 1.00 g Carbohydrate
- 113.00 mg Cholesterol
- 395.00 mg Sodium
- 29.60 g Protein