This Asian-inspired low carb recipe is a must try! It's deliciously juicy, guiltless and super quick and convenient thanks to it's total prep/cook time of under 45 minutes. It's perfect for a middle of the week meal.
If you enjoy this recipe we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. Also, feel free to share your own weight loss friendly recipes or a creative take on this one.
And don't forget to try our previous low carb meal ideas like our Garlic Prime Rib or Baked Fish with Olive and Capers!
- 4 x 180g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of excess fat
- 3cm piece ginger, thinly sliced or peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs Chinese rice wine (shaohsing)*
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Halve each breast through the centre to make 2 thin fillets. Lay out 4 squares of foil large enough to enclose chicken, then place one thin fillet on each. Sprinkle with half the ginger and eschalot. Top with remaining fillets, then remaining ginger and eschalot. Gather in edges of foil, then pour over soy sauce, wine and sesame oil. Close parcels tightly and bake on a tray in oven for 20 minutes. Open foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam beans, covered, over boiling water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Serve chicken on the beans with the juices poured over top.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 23.88 Calories
- 99.90 mg Cholesterol
- 5.70 g Carbohydrate
- 447.00 mg Sodium
- 45.70 g Protein