This week, we’re featuring a delicious rib roast recipe that’s perfect for easy weight loss programs
and takes little effort to prepare. The simple, low carb ingredients will melt in your mouth. Depending on the size of the roast, you could even host a dinner party! One thing is for sure—the whole family will enjoy this healthy recipe. Don’t forget to try some of our other recipes for low carb living as well, such as our Baked Asian-style Chicken on Green Beans or Garlic Prime Rib, and email us any favorites that you want to share!
Each week, American Weight Loss Centers will be emailing healthy low carb recipes
donated by our members. We have had some fantastic suggestions by our clients. We love that our members share these recipes with us and encourage everyone to send us their best recipes.
If you are interested in recipes using specific food products or proteins, please let us know. We will also be varying our recipes by region and country. Thanks for tuning in and happy cooking.
- 1 (5 pound) standing beef rib roast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small cup. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan so that the fatty side is up and the rib side is on the bottom. Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
- Roast for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside. Do not open the door. Leave it in there for 3 hours. 30 to 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven back on at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) to reheat the roast. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F (62 degrees C). Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving into servings.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 576.00 Calories
- 137.00 mg Cholesterol
- 0.60 g Carbohydrate
- 880.00 mg Sodium
- 37.00 g Protein
Join us on Facebook! We will periodically announce discounts and savings opportunities to our Facebook Fans. Login and join today.