This week where taking a look at a great alternative to one of the most popular side dishes in the world- mashed potatoes!
While there's no disputing that mashed potatoes are delicious and go with just about every protein source, they are absolutely loaded with carbohydrates that can sabotage your weight loss goals
quicker than you can say, "pass the butter".
That's why we came up with this great stand-in using boiled cauliflower. Just add a dollop of cream cheese, Parmesan, and garlic, stick it in the food processor, and voila! You get a tasty side dish that's guilt free.
If you enjoy this recipe or have any other tweaks to it we'd love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below or visit our Facebook page
Also, be sure to check out our previous week's low carb recipe
for Rib Roast!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 149.00 Calories
- 31.00 mg Cholesterol
- 8.00 g Carbohydrate
- 170.00 mg Sodium
- 05.00 g Protein