It's summer time- the perfect time of year to fire up that grill and invite some friends over for a dinner party. But fear not my friend. You don't have to let a cookout sabotage your weight loss program
. Au contraire!
Just saunter on down to the local supermarket and pick up 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and slather them with this deliciously savory marinade.
It's got the perfect blend of tang from the balsamic vinegar (or red wine if you prefer) and salt from the garlic (or oninon) powder. Plus, you can freeze it for up to two weeks if you have extra!
If you like this recipe please let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
We'll be posting a different recipe every week so be sure to keep coming back. Also, don't forget to check out last week's recipe for Low Carb Mock Mashed Potatoes.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar, like cider, balsamic, or red wine
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried herbs, like thyme, oregano, rosemary, or crumbled bay leaf
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard, whole grain or Dijon
- 1 to 2 teaspoon garlic or onion powder, optional
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, each about 6 ounces
- Put the vinegar, herbs, mustard, powders if using and oil in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Close the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients. Open the bag, drop in the chicken breast in the bag. Close and shake the bag to coat evenly. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, under cold, running water, or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute at a time.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. You can also bake the thawed chicken in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 327.00 Calories
- 16 grams Fat
- 2.5 grams Saturated Fat
- 40 grams Protein
- 3 grams carbohydrates
- 0 grams Sugar
- 0 grams Fiber
- 99 milligrams Cholesterol
- 291 milligrams Sodium