This week we're taking a look at an amazing low carb seafood
dish- Lime Zest Baked Tilapia!
This is an amazing recipe that's quick, painless, and mouth watering. It works great with frozen Tilapia (defrosting adds about ten minutes to the prep time) but in our opinion it's always better to go with fresh fish if you can. You can really taste the difference.
For a side dish, you can grill up some asparagus spears with some lemon, and if you're feeling extra ambitious, try our recipe for Mock Mashed Potatoes!
If you like this dish or have any other takes on it feel free to comment below or drop a line on our Facebook page.
Also, be sure to check back next week for another great healthy low carb recipe. Also, be sure to try our previous dishes here!
- Butter cooking spray
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron pan with a nonstick butter spray.
- Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the cast iron pan. Season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Per serving: Calories: 272; Total Fat: 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 5 grams; Protein: 46 grams; Total carbohydrates: 1 grams; Sugar: 0 grams Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 129 milligrams; Sodium: 264 milligrams.
Nutritional Information: (Each for one serve has)
- 272.00 Calories
- 10 grams Fat
- 5 grams Saturated Fat
- 46 grams Protein
- 1 grams carbohydrates
- 0 grams Sugar
- 0 grams Fiber
- 129 milligrams Cholesterol
- 264 milligrams Sodium