Whether you're throwing a formal dinner party or having a few friends over to watch the playoffs, this low-carb stuffed mushroom recipe will wow the crowd.
Low in calories per serving and packed with vitamin D and antioxidants, mushrooms are a great addition to any weight loss program. In fact, some studies show that swaping mushrooms for meat one meal a day can help you loose 3.6% of your starting body weight!
Aside from the obvious health benefits, the best thing about stuffed mushrooms is that they're DELICIOUS! In our book, there's nothing more mouth watering than a smooth, buttery mushroom filled with a gooey stuffing and topped with a golden brown crunch.
If you like this recipe or have a tasty variation of it, we'd love to hear from you! Visit our Facebook page or find us on Google+! Also, be sure to check out all of our other healthy low carb recipes. Bon appetit!
- 1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
- Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Serve.
- Serves 6 people.
Nutritional Information: (Each one serving has)
- 2 gm carbohydrates
- 0 gm Fiber
- 2 gm protein
- 3 gm Total Fat
- 42 calories