Salmon is great for many reasons; it's versatile and can be cooked different ways, it's highly nutritious as it contains proteins and healthy fats, and most people don't know that one 4oz serving has a full day's worth vitamin D. At our medical weight loss centers
, we recommend that all of our patients incorporate salmon into their weight loss plans.
Aside from the health benefits, though, the best thing about salmon is that it's delicious! This week we are seasoning our salmon with lemon capers, rosemary and Marsala wine. We will then be grilling our salmon (along with the other ingredients) in foil to make for a very tasty and healthy meal.
If you like this dish, make sure to check out our other low carb recipes here! We post a new one every week so be sure to bookmark our blog and keep checking back.
Also, if you have any other tasty salmon recipes you'd like to share we'd love to hear them in the comments below or on our Facebook and Google+ pages!
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 8 lemon slices (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (or white wine)
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil
- Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Top the each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine, and 1 teaspoon of capers. Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve in the foil packets
Nutritional Information: (Each one of servings has)
- 2 gm carbohydrates
- 0 gm Fiber
- 34 gm protein
- 25 gm Total Fat
- 377 calories