This week, we’re sharing an excellent recipe for that’s perfect for low carb diets and weight loss programs
: Mini Frittatas. These egg based babies are packed with choline and lutein -- two egg-yolk nutrients that play a vital role in the health and proper function of our brain, nervous system, and eyes.
Egg yolk is a natural source of Vitamin D and contains high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acidstryptophan, selenium, iodine, and B vitamins compared to the egg white. For these reasons, you may not want to do like most health conscious folks, and separate the yolk from the white.
You may also elect to throw in your own mixture of vegetables, depending on what you like. Much like an omelette.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will keep you on track with a low carb diet while reaping the many benefits this vegetable can have on your health!
If you have any other similar recipes you would like to share, make sure to join us on our Facebook and Google+ pages!
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately
Nutritional Information: (For each frittata)
- 0.5 gm carbohydrates
- 0 gm Fiber
- 2 gm protein
- 1.5 gm Total Fat
- 22 calories
Join us on Facebook! We will periodically announce discounts and savings opportunities to our Facebook Fans. Login and join today.
Make this Year different!American Weight Loss Centers